Thursday, January 08, 2009

I hope you'd pay me back...

Someone asked for a loan today. Checked my accounts and I can afford to do that.

But that also made me realize that during the last year I've given closer to one million SLR in interest free - liability free - security free loans to friends and a good 750K SLR of it is still to be returned. That's a hell a lot of money for a poor middle class guy like me. Those who know me knows that I'm always broke.

And most of all; that’s my hard earned money for which I have sacrificed my happiness, being with the family (including dogs and cats), somewhat of health (I have allergies and colds sometimes) and most probably a Nikon 400mm f/2.8G ED AF-S VR (No I'm not kidding. I want that; and would have bought that if I had the money.)

I know the times are hard and going is tough. But if you don't re-pay... you'd be born a donkey in the next life and would have to pull my cart... I hate to say no when someone asks for a loan. But soon I'll have to.

Those who borrowed recently; I'm not really referring to you, even though that 750k is including that. Some loans were give almost a year ago.

True, I said pay when you can. But I wasn't expecting next life.

It's going to be really embarrassing for every one if I have to ask in person.

And don't call and ask does it include you... Don't talk about it in person... Don’t send IMs and emails saying you’d pay it. I hate that. But I want my money back. Period.

6 comments:

  1. A friend told me that when you give loan to friend either write off the friend or write off the loan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Don't loan money. You can give money to friends, but don't expect it back. Generally won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mate, you made me laugh, in a nice way!
    If I am asked for a loan and I unusually have the money to give, I just give it to them saying straight away that I don't expect it back. It prevents friends from asking you and if it does happen then it keeps it to under about LKR5000 which is about the maximum limit I can afford.
    750,000 is a lot of money you know...
    A life changing sum to some! No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life changing? Listen to this;

    I moved to US to earn that extra cash.
    Two of the borrowers got married and spent that on their honeymoons.
    Two bought laptops with that.
    My parents are missing their son.
    My life could have been much better with some extra cash in hand..

    So hell yeah... It's life changing - to many...

    BTW; knowing my friends; I'd never say I don't expect any thing back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn.. nearly 1m last year. so this year, i'm looking forward to borrow some :) may be its my ticket to buy my dream lens ;) and payback: i'm game for the cart thing :D

    ReplyDelete