Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Settling down

I came back to Sri Lanka on 2nd January. After traveling for 48+ hours I was exhausted. I stayed in Kandy on Wednesday and came back to Colombo on Thursday morning. Spent some quite time till Sunday afternoon and returned to work on Monday.

The whole office was filled with new faces. Some of the people I knew three months back had left the company. And many are scattered around in other building facilities.

Settling down wasn’t as smooth as I expected. Our FTP site has destroyed some of my files. I didn’t get a desktop machine as soon as I expected. And setting up a source repository that could be shared with the customer seems to take more time than I expected. Anyways we had received good comments about my engagement from the customer - so that’s enough motivation to iron out the odds of Sri Lankan work life.

1 comment: