Saturday, September 05, 2009

Life is good...

It’s been a while since I ranted about what’s going on in my life;

Haven’t been taking much photos lately; mostly because I was in Colombo focused on other stuff. But I’m going to dedicate the first two weeks of October for photography! Yeah; I’m going to take a vacation between jobs – that’s the other story – and go to Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura and possibly Trinco; spending at least four days at each location.. Let’s see how that goes.

On other news; I’m changing jobs. I’ve been on the lookout for greener grass ever since I came back to Sri Lanka and last month found a place that seems promising. They’ll give me a @microsoft.com email address and let me work on http://www.microsoft.com/enterprisesearch/. Looking forward to start on that in mid October. Let’s see how that goes as well..

At home; I’m building up my dream “e-home”. I’ve had a lot of external storage for the last year or so – 2TB+ in total. I’m planning to put them on to a NAS and a little bit more. Started to fancy freeNAS at first, then looked at some Linux based solutions and finally Windows Home Server. My final setup would have a common storage location, would do all our downloads (torrent/ftp/http) in the server, stream media from the common storage, accessible through a web-UI from anywhere on the internet (may be a FTP server too..), and possibly hook to SLT IP-TV as well.

All in all; Life feels quite good these days… :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow man so many great things going on with you.

    All the very best with your new job. Good luck with NAS server :) and most of all have a good break.

    Hope we all can see more of the great photographs from you.

    cheers,
    Anjana.

    ReplyDelete