Thursday, July 31, 2008

AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED

I had a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 DC Macro HSM as my "mostly on" lens. It was a sharp and wonderfully build lens which could do macro as well. I loved it. But I wanted more range. I was looking at the 18-200mm Nikkor even as my first lens, but decided against it as I felt it's too expensive.

But now, since I feel I have some money to spare on my hobby, I decided to go for a 18-200mm Nikkor. But didn't want to keep the 17-70 too as it has only a subset of the range of 18-200.. So I put it for sale in Craigslist and gave it away to Steve.

Yesterday, I received the 18-200mm. Needless to say, I'm really excited about it and am loving it.

But one small problem! It does not have serious macro capability like the 17-70 sigma!!

Now you all know that I like macro... So this means only one thing. I'm going to need a dedicated macro lens as well. :D

BTW, did I write that I also intend to buy the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 prime?

No comments:

Post a Comment