Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sleepless in Milwaukee

The first week or so since I came here, I didn’t had much of work. So I was able to get over the jet lag and work on the initial settling down.

But then it struck. We ran in to a release and I had to work late in to the night and get up early in the morning for status update calls. Most of the days I’m getting less than six hours of sleep.

What’s worse is that I’m still not doing any coding. Part it of has to do with the fact I came over here towards the end of the first phase of the project. So I didn’t want to dip in to the coding at the last moment. So what’s left apart from coding isn’t that attractive. You know, writing technical documents, sitting in long and boring calls, and speaking with people who like long boring discussions etc. etc.

My financial situation is kind of stable now. The per diem check had arrived last Friday to my earlier address and I was able to go pick it this Monday. But now, I don’t have time to go deposit it to the account. So the camera is still pending.

Amidst this entire busy schedule, I managed to watch few movies as well :)… Sleepless in Seattle - the 1993 classic of Nora Ephorn staring Tom Hanks, The Bourne Ultimatum of Paul Greengrass staring Matt Damon, and Namesake the latest film by Mira Nair staring Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Kal Penn. And if you were to ask me, I’d say Namesake is the best out of the three. Tabu is my favorite actress of all time and her performance in the film is one of a kind. Oh.. and I finished watching Prison Break season 3 up to episode 8 as well.. :”>

7 comments:

  1. Six hours of sleep is more than enough... don't try more than that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be constantly whining. Maybe it's time to quit and find a job that you like? Or is this just the way you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. I'm sorry.. I have a life.. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was curious if this is just the way you are. And now I know. Good luck with your blogging it's quite humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dude,

    Me and NC came to ur place. Everything is now in r8t place. (Net+PC)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grow up man life is so tuff...u r way behind. u are acting like a child. u need bit of patients. try focus on something of your own then u dont need to put grumbling life notes like this.....

    ReplyDelete