Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm in Milwaukee

I came to Milwaukee, WI on last Saturday.

As usual the flights were really long and boring. This time I flew to Heathrow, and then to Chicago. My flight from Chicago to Milwaukee was canceled due to bad weather but by the time it was canceled, I had already checked in the baggages for the flight and couldn't get them back. So I took a cab to Milwaukee from the Chicago air port leaving my baggages behind. It was a cross state drive of about two and half hours which cost $290.

The following day I called the Milwaukee airport to find out whether my baggages have arrived. They wanted me to come there to identify the baggage as there were too many !@#$%... So I took a cab again and went to the local airport to find out that my baggage is not there!

I didn't had any cloths in my hand luggage so I went to a local outlet store and bought some cloths and returned to the apartment. All this cost me over $450 within two days. Now I'm totally broke and have only couple of suits till they find and return my baggage.

To top every thing, it's damned cold here so I can't walk around to get to know the place.

7 comments:

  1. what the heck are yeh doin' in Milwaukee??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry to hear about your misfortune :( and welcome to the joys of long distance travel :). I think it was on Nalin's advice that I got into the habit of having at least one change of cloths in my carry on luggage. Misplacing luggage seems to be a pretty common thing.

    I think the wind chill must be adding to the cold temperature. Don't get frozen going sight-seeing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sight seeing till I buy that D80 :D

    But still dwelling on whether to buy a D80 for 1000 bucks or a 400D for 600.. I mean.. I don't really know whether I'd make the maximum of a D80..

    Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milwaukee's the worst place to be. I still can't believe you ARRIVED here. Most people LEAVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( It's not like I came here by choice you know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess that's a point to consider.

    ReplyDelete