Monday, May 21, 2007

Me and my cameras

During my childhood, my brother had a camera, first a Konika auto focus point and shoot one and then a Zenit SLR. I loved them, however hardly ever was allowed to use them. Then I had a point and shoot camera of a brand I don’t recall. All I did with it was - point and shoot. Then there was a Canon point and shoot camera my sister brought from Japan… can’t remember making much use of it either.

Then I bought a mobile phone with an inbuilt camera - a Nokia 6230i with a 1.3MP camera. I shot a fair deal with that one and felt the need for a *real* camera. Perhaps it was the digital factor that made me addicted for shooting. So when I went to US last year, the first thing I bought was a Canon PowerShot S2 IS with 12X optical zoom. I needed more optical zoom for some reason but I seldom use the mega zoom. S3 was just released by that time but I wasn’t convinced it is worth for the extra $80.

I shoot a lot with it and go out solely to shoot as well. Among other things I’ve figured so far are the facts that, I got a lot to learn and I should have invested on a dSLR. Hmmm…

7 comments:

  1. good phto but arn't these flowers usually, reddish or pinkish? Can't remember seeing a yellowish one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are over 10 colours of them. My mom has Red, Pink, White, Yellow, Violate and Red and White...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think that's a hibiscus or what they call a shoeflower in Sri Lanka. Usually in S. L. they are red or pink but over here I have also seen it in different colours.

    Looked at the online review of your camera the other day. Was very positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see that name Zenit.. that was my first camera. Bought it in 1973 for Twenty Pounds. It had a brilliant lens. Long Live Zenit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should post more pictures uve taken..i love to see...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parthi,

    Hope you saw the Macros he took about a few posts back:
    http://mahasen.blogspot.com/2007/05/did-i-post-these-before.html

    I think are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all, it really feels good to see all your comments :)

    ReplyDelete