Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Frustrated, desperate, angry and helpless

All the decent places put up for rent in Colombo are for couples or girls only. For some reason landlords are afraid to rent out their annexes to single males.

I was asked to vacate the current place by end of April (apparently because I refused to pay Rs. 1000 as my electricity bill without a proper bill provided.). And here I am desperate to find a place to stay within the next couple of weeks, with no leads at all. Worst part is that most people do not advertise during this holiday season. So news papers are of no use. So the only hope is personal contacts.

A little more than a year back, I was staying with my sister and brother, and we were at a nice place in Nawala. But my stupid sister wanted a place closer to NHSL and with three rooms. So we (she) informed our then landlord that we would be vacating. I used all my contacts and got leads to couple of nice places (one by Sam and one by Prasanna), but my sister refused even going to check them out claiming that they are too expensive (but comparing with the place she settled for at the end – they were bargains – I saw both the places).

And finally she settled for a two roomed (which would barely accommodate a bed) den in an f**king whore house in Borella. Later on, my sister moved to quarters and my brother went abroad. And now I’m paying off for their sins… (paying f**king 15K per month for a smelly, dark, unventilated den with that land lady probing in to my annex when ever I’m not in – so I can’t leave any thing valuable there, And having to pay utility bills for the utilities I never use)

So, if any of you could lead me to a *decent place* within this week, I would be forever grateful.


* A decent place, is a place within half an hour’s drive from Colombo Fort with safe parking, with separate utility bills or a fixed amount for month – or at least a transparent method of arriving at it.

1 comment:

  1. See this man;
    http://www.bhoomi.lk/Property3246.aspx

    ReplyDelete