Monday, February 19, 2007

Chikungunya

Last Tuesday I fell ill. It started with an ache in the shoulders then the whole body was in pain and later came the fever. I was down with the fever till Friday. I couldn’t move myself around. I was completely off balance. An attempt to drive was hilarious but could have been lethal.

Both my Aththamma (grand mother) and Appachchi (Father) caught Chikungunya during the last couple of weeks and I knew the symptoms all too well. So the moment I could lift myself up, I called my sister and went home to Kandy. Rested for another couple of days and returned on Sunday eve. I’m not completely recovered yet but am back at work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sir.. Im Neil From the Philippines.. Me myself also afflicted with the disease Last sept 2012 and Until now I am not fully recovered I have some stiffness in my joints but not that painful and frontal vertigo..Im 25 years old living in the Capital City Manila.

    ReplyDelete