Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Preparing to come back

My onsite allocation is coming to an end and I’m preparing to come back. I bought lots of stuff from here and spent a lot of money.
What I forgot to mention previously in the blog is that I bought a laptop. Not much of a fancy one. From recent past I have shifted to a policy of buying what’s necessary than buying what I can afford.

So the laptop is a Dell Inspiron with Intel Celeron M 1.6GHz Processor, 15.4” WXGA Display, 128MB non shared video memory. 60GB Hard Disk Drive, 1GB Memory and DVD writer. I also bought some wi-fi gear to network with my home desktop, which is also a Celeron 2.53GHz running with just 512MB RAM.

I’ve pledge not to install any development software on the laptop. It’s going to be 100% personal home computer dedicated to entertainment, web browsing, reading etc. (Ok I have installed notepad2 and XMLNotepad, but not to do any coding.)

Those of you who have been reading my blog from the begging must have realized that I have transformed from a technology enthusiast to a average man who works on IT for a living. Perhaps it’s because of the type of work I get to do or just because I’m not competent. I don’t care the reason. I’m still comfortable with who I am and happy with what I still can do.

5 comments:

  1. "I’ve pledge not to install any development software on the laptop. " - Mahasen

    I was surprised to hear that you have a girl friend, when I got to know it some time back... and more surprised by the above statement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because you know that development is the only skill I have that could be used to earn a living :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, be conscious about “Dell Inspiron” which is specially designed for European market (That’s what the local support guy said) when I inquire them to get some support for one of my friends Dell Inspiron and they don’t have particular replacements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Too late now... I guess I'll have to come back to US if something goes wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want be surprised by Mahasen having a girl when Praveen surprised us all by getting married. I'm actually more surprised to hear that Prabath has a Girl Friend as well :) even though we are not at SL these days; we get to hear all the hot news and rumors.

    Anyways I myself have been a silent reader of lot of blogs and yours have been a one I often have a peak at. I think you are transforming to a normal IT personal because we all realize after a while that real happiness & values in life doesn’t come from writing a piece of code. I think we all pass that age eventually.

    Yohan K.

    ReplyDelete