Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Plans cancelled

About couple of weeks back, Kirosh, commenting on my plan to visit Thailand to attend meditation retreats said that if you want to meditate, don’t plan - just leave every thing and go do it. I didn’t listen to him...

Today, I got stamped US L1 Visa for two years. I’d probably be flying to US on next Monday on company assignment. There’s goes Thailand trip...

I had to wait for almost four hours at the US embassy for a 30 second visa interview. Americans seem to think that we are so keen in visiting their damned country. The lady next to me happened to be working for Sri Lankan air lines. She had visa and had travelled to most of the countries I know. She was visiting her husband in US. But her application was rejected saying she was unable to provide viable reasons for her visit. Perhaps a vacation in US for a Sri Lankan is some thing they don’t understand. There was another person who was invited in to US by some organization, he had to go through an argument as well - I think at the end he got his visa.

2 comments:

  1. Why u worry so much about the "lady next seat"..??? :)

    Anyway all the best Mahasen.. have a nice time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. :">
    She was speaking to me..
    My "nice time" would depend on the tough time you'd be having offshore.
    Anyways looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete