Thursday, February 02, 2006

VS launch

Ok, I was really happy to getaway from work in the first place. (some times I feel the days I enjoyed coding are gone :-?) I got my friend Sanjaya to pick me up in the morning - he came at 7 a.m! So we were the first to register at BMICH.

The event started out really great, nice cool music and hooded swordsmen walking in... Till Sriyan walked in to play King Arthur. Oh man for heavens sake he’s the president (or director or what ever - head) of Microsoft Sri Lanka. I wasn’t expecting him to be the clown of the day. Any ways that’s my view. Others might find it ok.

Sessions were ok... on average it’s what I would have expected.

The event organizers hadn’t heard of the fact that there are some of us who are vegetarians. May be due to the fact that Microsoft is perceived as a carnivore.

It was the first time I saw wild fire live... I think that speaks for the fact Me.WaysOfEnjoying.Contains(ROCKing) returns false. So I’m not in a position to comment on it - in fact I wasn’t there to witness it :D

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hay I looked for you afternoon...

    Anyway as my point of view wildfire rock da event. I had lot of fun and its worth more than the knowledge I got from those sessions. Anyway I have being researching on .net 2.0 since last week. So those things were not that new or impressive to me. (and I heard one speaker giving a wrong answer to a very simple question :( )

    The event was a change to my day today office life... That’s important. And its free its cool… I just thought it’s like a holiday :)

    All I have to say is Edd's session rocks and that indian guy's (sorry cant remember his name) second session also good. Oh man I don’t like to talk abt his accent…

    Yep I also think they had to think more abt vegetarians. And other thing was that poor quality beers made us sick…

    ReplyDelete
  3. err.. I didn't hang around there after the first session...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. If Bill Gates didn't hire an Advertising Agent, he'd still be like me.... :-)

    2. Microsoft doesn't belong to David Copperfield, to be what it is today. They sticked to real time Marketing practices.

    3. "Wild Fire" was named Wild Fire becuase they didn't want to call it, "Weird Fire"

    4. BMICH still has connection with the Bandaranaike's. But we can at least remind Madina that Vegetarians live in Sri Lanka.

    5. When you depend on things you get for free, you know jolly well, that you will find a hole in it.

    Give them all a break Machang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention something else. The westerners think Sri Lankans have a weird accent!

    Above.. If you are wondering who Madina is, please forgive me, I just learnt that the Sri Lankan President's name is spelled as Mahinda.

    Sorry Mahasen. I'm also trying desperately to take a break. I hate snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he he... True
    I guess manzi's post explains why I'm what I'm today...
    May be I should try to get along with the community I live in...
    But again, being me isn't that bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! Its the best thing that can happen to anybody. I being me and you being you! Its so true!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete