Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I wish I had a 4X4

Colombo has the largest concentration of SUVs and other off-road vehicles in Sri Lanka. On an average day many would wonder why they need 4X4 vehicles in a town. But not today. Almost every road is drowned some where. It was horrible. I drove through 3 such places today, Narahenpita road, Jawaththa road and Royal avenue. Water was 2~3 feet deep at some places. I was so afraid the car would get stuck.
It was pouring continuously since last night; and if not for the call that I had to attend in the morning – and I missed – I wouldn’t have come to work today.

3 comments:

  1. Hi.........

    I feel the same these days, and its terible to drive with such a road condition,

    hope new president will solve all these probs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so cool man, riding my bike with shower, crossing over some huge water tanks.....Why don't u all enjoy?

    Yes, Mr President has to do something for this, I think that he will do.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, I think Mr. President has enough in his hands already. True that roads need to be maintained and these floods should be controlled. But I think the priority should go to war against terrorism, economy, education etc.
    War should be stopped, economy should be uplifted, and our youngsters should be taught some thing useful

    ReplyDelete