Thursday, May 12, 2005

Concentration

I’ve tried meditation, but was never able to continue it as a regular practice. I always found some kind of excuse. Lately, after each of these “trying” sessions, I spent some moments revisiting what disturbed my concentration. And I realized they consist of things I experienced and thought, and lead my mind along! Billboards, news, people, work you name it…
So that explains why, yogi’s chose forest monasteries. Yet can’t we do any thing about this? So I tried an extreme mind discipline. When ever I identify my mind is on a track as such (this is not easy) I’d think about the consequences and the nature of those thoughts and get rid of them. It works. But is really really difficult. And I was never able to achieve 100% (I even doubt 50%). Yet I was able to enjoy better concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment